Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bears invade the MSM

Oh dear Lord, I nearly drove off Magnolia Blvd. this evening on my way to pick up our dinner. National Public Radio's "Marketplace" aired a profile of Colossal Clothing, an apparel company for bigger men. Since they're not a group that traditionally hangs out together, the company's owner decided to market to the bear community. Bears! What?

Colossal clothing story on Marketplace.

It's one of the first mentions of bears I've heard in the Mainstream Media -- if you consider public radio mainstream.

First we're characters in a John Waters flick (see "A Dirty Shame") and now this! Where will it end? We're getting downright respectable. Soon a bear might be sitting in the oval office -- hopefully behind the desk and not under it. As the first bear president, I would declare three months of hibernation. Everyone take a nap and you'll all feel better in the spring.

No comments: